Google’s PageRank algorithm is forever changing, and so are the SEO trends. Therefore, the SEO tactics that once did wonders are now nothing but black-hat practices. In other words, they are a complete waste of time.
However, some businesses still follow these practices, not knowing that they can lead to Google penalizing them and costing them a ranking in the future.
Below, we have listed the top six counterproductive SEO tactics you must avoid!
1. Inserting links in social media comments- Backlinks are an essential part of any SEO campaign. However, not all backlinks work like magic; some are spammy and can backfire on you.
Earlier, on Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, and Quora, SEO professionals would write back to the queries linked to their website. It would drive traffic to their website and help them score a backlink without spending any money.
This infamous ‘backlink in a social media comment’ trick indeed used to work back then. However, it is no longer the case as now users reject or disown such backlinks. Therefore, you must devote your time to creating a bona-fide backlink strategy.
2. Using too many keywords- Google aims to organize the information and make it accessible and valuable to everyone. As a result, it penalizes websites that pose a hindrance to this cause. Therefore, you must avoid publishing content with a high keyword density.
Earlier, you may have scattered your keywords all over the piece, making it unnatural and non-user-friendly. But, now avoid publishing keyword-dense content. We advise you to maintain a 1-2% keyword density, i.e., a maximum of 1 or 2% of your total content.
3. Creating private blogs- Earlier in the day, marketers with huge budgets would create multiple websites linked to one another or only to one ‘main’ website. However, it is a costly practice and puts the websites at risk of Google penalizing them.
Therefore, instead of developing a PBN, invest in authentic link placements by creating high-quality content.
4. Over-using your anchor text- Although keyword-rich anchor text is an excellent idea in some cases, your SEO strategy must be balanced to include natural, non-optimized anchor text, long-tail anchor text, and keyword-dense anchor text as well.
5. Writing for robots- Your audience would not want to read a blog or an article written robotically. Make sure the content you write is natural, authentic, and mirrors the way people speak.
Do not manipulate Google’s algorithms by overstuffing keywords into the content. In fact, do not use the same nouns or keywords repeatedly. Instead, you can use pronouns and prepositions to give it a human touch.
6. Prioritizing quality for quantity- You must remember that Google cares only about quality content. It does not give high rankings to poorly-written content.
Therefore, you must ensure that your page achieves the intended purpose by demonstrating authoritativeness, expertise, and trustworthiness. Also, invest your time and effort in creating high-quality content.
About the business
At Silver Spoon Agency, our experts formulate the best digital marketing strategies that deliver the desired results to our customers. We are known for helping our clients leverage the benefits of digital marketing and stand out among their competitors. For more information, contact 8452805377, write at email@example.com, or fill out our contact form.