Most people who search for local businesses online call or visit the business within a day. So, if people cannot find you online, you are missing out on a lot of business. Therefore, an online business directory listing is essential for the success of your company. It will help people find you.
However, remember that simply uploading your business name online or claiming the Google listing is not sufficient. If you want to enhance your ranking in search engine results, you should keep a few things in mind.
Below, we have listed the top three things your business listings must have!
1. Attributes- Attributes are tags that allow people to find your business when they type certain keywords into a search engine. Therefore, you must choose tags relevant to your business that people may type when looking for your business. For instance, if you are a vet, remember people are more likely to search for “emergency veterinarian” or “vet near me”.
Invest time in research while deciding what attributes to use. Sit down and brainstorm at least ten relevant topics for your business. Then, finalize a few keywords that are most frequently searched per topic.
You can also study your competitors’ content to figure out which keywords they are using. After this, you will be able to determine what keywords you should include in your attributes.
2. Business hours- You will surely be annoyed if you drive to a shop only to find out that it closed 10 minutes before you arrived. That is exactly how your customers will react if you do not display the business hours in the business listings.
Some benefits of mentioning your business hours include:
- Appearing in more search results- Since Google prioritizes companies that offer valuable data to their customers, you are more likely to appear in search results. It can also help you gain a competitive edge and get a higher Google ranking.
- Giving proper information- Your business may open for extended hours during the holidays. However, if your customers do not know it, they may not visit your business during those hours. Therefore, you should reflect holiday hours in your business listing to get maximum traffic during the holidays.
- Creating a sense of urgency- If customers look at your business listing and realize that you will close within the next hour, it creates a sense of urgency, motivating them to visit your store and buy quickly.
Therefore, adding business hours in your directory listing service might seem simple but has a massive impact on your visibility.
3. Physical address- Many people use “near me” while searching for local shopping establishments, eateries, etc. They want to know the nearby businesses that offer the required goods or services. Therefore, if you do not mention the address in the listing, you lose these potential customers.
If you have multiple business locations, include all the addresses to avoid confusion. Also, include the zip codes as several people use them while searching for local businesses.
About Silver Spoon Agency
Including the above-mentioned things in your business will help you stand out among your competitors. At Silver Spoon Agency, we are a digital marketing agency with a team of dedicated and experienced professionals helping our clients grow their businesses online. For more information, contact us at 8452805377, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the contact form.